Sunday, September 27, 2009

Softball - Almost over!

Kayta played her last softball game on Thursday (Allie has one more game but since I am taking Katya to Miley Cyrus on Tuesday, we will have to miss the last game - darn!). Next week, there is just one more practice on Monday, the final party on Wednesday and then we are done! I am so excited to be done with this sport that has consumed four weekdays for the last two months.

I finally got around to taking pictures. The girls' team actually got pretty good towards the end. They went from losing all of their games to winning the last four. Katya liked the sport depending on whether or not she got a hit during the game. She did learn finally (at the game before last) that she isn't supposed to carry the bat with her to first base, although she didn't get the whole three strike-four balls thing. I think the ref would get so annoyed at her because she would continually ask him how many strikes and how many balls she got. The ref even went as far as to tell the coach that he needed to teach her the rules to which Alex and the coach's response was, "We are trying". Oh brother! A least she made a usually uninteresting game interesting. It would be so funny when she would run to first base after only two balls or two strikes and then come sulking back because she wasn't done. Allie actually had a "Katya moment" at the last game when she ran to first base on a second strike overthrow!

As glad as I am that it is over, I wonder how Katya will feel about not seeing Allie almost every day. Now we will be back to the every Wednesday and every-other weekend and although Katya gets jealous of daddy's attention towards Allie, I think she really does miss her when she isn't around.

Alex vowed that if we sign Katya up for softball again, he wouldn't help coach it again. It was actually really hard because I had to leave work early to meet him at the practices to do the "Tony switch". However, I know him. He won't pass up an opportunity to spend time with Allie. He is such an awesome dad!

The girls did have a lot of fun cheering on their teammates. They had a couple of really fun cheers such as: "Katya is her number, three is her name, even though we're mixed up, we're gonna win this game" or "Pretty girls don't play ball so let's get ugly". This is definately not a sport to put your kid in if you are looking for exercize because they spend about 90% of their time just sitting around.






This is Alex trying to explain the whole three strikes, four balls thing. I don't think Katya really got it still, since she kept asking the ref the rules!






Katya and Allie always played outfield. Neither one of them are very good at catching...
















I think Allie hit a foul ball and then struck out. Poor girl - I don't think she got a hit all season.







Katya got a hit - one of those, "Do I run or not" hits. I missed it because someone stepped right in front of me at the exact moment it happened. Darn!






Katya is a really fast runner. Its no wonder she would carry the bat with her to first base. She was so focused on getting there and just think of how much time it wastes to stop and drop it!





My mom came and watched a couple of games. She said it made her reminscent of when her five boys played baseball. She said she didn't miss the sitting around and shuttling them to practice :)






This was our youngest spectator who was usually pretty content as long as he could crawl around on the grass or walk along the chain-link fence.





The End! Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment