Katya got braces on August 10th. She had mixed feelings about getting them - one day she seemed very excited about them and the next she seem very scared and anti-braces. Her X-tutor seemed to think that she only wanted them because we wanted her to get them. I don't know if that is true or not and maybe it doesn't matter.
On day one of the braces, although she was definately more brave during the process than I expected, about four hours into the braces she asked if we could go back to the orthodontist and have him take them off. I told her that unfortunately we would still have to pay the $2,000 for them anyway to which she seemed to be completely unphased. She then threatened to take them off herself. She used up a whole container of wax that day, brushed her teeth about four times and complained about them every two minutes.
Luckily, things have settled down and I haven't really heard any complaining about them for about ten days or so. I never had to have braces when I was a kid so I do not know how she feels. I can sympathize, though, and I definately felt really bad about her suffering and am very glad that she is either not as miserable as she was when she first got them on or she has gotten use to the misery. Poor girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment