The kids are still asleep, I am ready for work, Tony is in his crib so I don't have to worry about him falling off the bed, Alex is gone to work and I feel like I am alone in the house - it is so quiet! Of course I only have 15 minutes until it is time to wake up Katya and Kaylie but I will take what I can get.
I am trying to think about what is going on in my life that would be interesting to blog about but all I can really think about is work. Ugh! I have been working so much to try to make up all the hours I am short by the end of November that I feel myself losing touch with my family. Sometimes I walk in the door at 7 pm and it seems that the only person that really cares that I am home is Tony. Sweet little Tony - he always gets excited to see his mommy.
Katya has parent-teacher conferences tomorrow and I have been trying really hard this week to focus on Katya's homework and progress. She still has a lot of work in math to get caught up to grade level and although she is now reading on a 3rd grade level (I think is what her teacher said) she still has a long way to go to get caught up there too. Thinking about it is exhausting. It is so hard trying to balance working 50 hours a week with a family. Alex does help out a lot and I just need to learn to let things go and not think about all the stuff I should be doing and just enjoy life a little.
We are going to Disneyland in December, which I am very excited about. I could definately use a vacation.
Well my quiet time is over. Tony is crying and I need to wake up the girls. Ahhh - it was nice while it lasted!
Ann you are a trooper! I don't know how you do it with a baby and Katya. You are an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteW