We took them back to my mom's house to carve. The kids had fun getting all the "pumpkin guts" out and the carving activity entertained them for a while.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Picking Pumpkins at the Pouring Pumkin Patch (a tongue-twister!)
I decided on Saturday to not care about chores or whether the house was messy and to spend the day with Katya and Tony doing something fun. Alex was working but I had the brilliant idea that it would be fun to carve pumpkins. So I called my mom up to see if she and my nieces and nephews wanted to participate and we made plans to meet up at the pumpkin patch so that the kids could hand-pick their pumpkins! It was lightly sprinkling when we arrived at the pumpkin patch and by the time we had the kids out of the car and they had picked out their wheelbarrows to push around, it was pouring! I have actually never been to a pumpkin patch and while I would definately recommend the large selection it offers, I would not recommend you visiting one in the pouring rain with six children. Luckily my sister Cathy had come along with my mom and I and she actually got a picture of us sopping wet carting around pumpkins (I will have to get that from you later Cathy!). Tony was asleep on my shoulder but woke up, startled by all the wetness that was suddenly on his face. By the time we had picked our pumpkins, we were muddy, wet and cold and I think the guy appreciated our dedication because he gave us the pumpkins for very cheap.
Katya carved a smiley face on one side and a heart on the other.
Savannah had ambitions to carve one of the intricate designs out the book but in the end, her dad finished the carving!
It almost too hard to tell Ethan from the jack-o-lantern!
I think Jacob carved the face all by himself - it turned out really cute!
I didn't get a very good picture of Jaden (a.k.a. Captain Underwear) carving his pumpkin - hopefully Cathy got a better one!
Even the adults joined in the fun - mostly to help with those sticky "insides" but I carved a face on my pumpkin and Cathy roasted the pumpkins seeds for us.

Tony walked around getting into trouble and being adorable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment