Monday, May 3, 2010

Catherine's Wedding

My little sister Cathy got married yesterday (Sunday, May 2nd). She looked so beautiful in her dress (I will post pictures later) - it brought tears to my eyes to see my baby sister so happy! She has a definate sense of style and the dress she chose echoed her personality perfectly!

Apparantly, Sundays are good days for weddings as there was unbelievable turnout! My mom said that everybody but about 10 people had RSVP'ed, requiring a bigger food budget than was originally anticipated :). This will be my mom's last girl to get married off and I'm sure she is glad of that - weddings are stressful! All the planning involved, the tiptoeing around so as not to upset the mother-in-law, the unexpected costs, the little "thank you" boxes that you have to tie ribbons around and make cookies for - all these "fun" little things aid in making this event very stressful! It was a very nice wedding, though, and hopefully my sister thinks it was worth all the time because that is what is important - right?

Katya behaved very well, much to my delight. Katya and Allie were flower girls and neither of them cared too much for the dresses that Cathy had picked out for them. Allie is too polite to say much. Katya, on the other hand, has no qualms of making her opinion known. She was very forward about telling Cathy that she didn't like the dress, to which I later gave her a lecture about how a wedding day is all about the bride and not the flower girls and that you are supposed to wear dresses that you hate and never wear again! I think Katya was more upset about the dress being size 12 (Katya usually wears size 8) because Katya seemed to think that this made her fat - which is a whole other issue! I have to admit I was a little afraid of the day when it started out by Katya complaining about going to my mom's for breakfast, about having an ear that hurt and then refusing to play "slug-bug". But luckily with curled hair and a bouquet that I think the wedding lady had remembered to put a rose in, Katya forgot to remain in her sour mood. She was pretty "scared" of walking down the aisle in front of all those people but in the end we were so rushed that I think she even forgot that!

Tony was a big hit at the wedding. He was dressed in a little suit and tie and about halfway through the wedding Alex had undone the top button on his shirt and clipped the tie back on which made him look like he was getting all relaxed ready for the next round of fun! He was totally "working the crowd" with his dance moves and kisses. He found this cute little blonde girl that he loved and kept giving her kisses. What a little ladies man! I'm sure we will have so many pictures - between the pictures that Alex took and the wedding photographer - that we won't even know what to do with them!

My uncle, aunt, and three cousins came from Seattle for the event and it was fun to see them. I hadn't seen them since we took our road trip up there to see my grandma two years ago and before that it had been about 12 years between visits! All the cousins are grown up now and it is fun to get to know them as adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment