Those were the words that came out of Katya's mouth several days ago. She told Alex and I and she told Grandpa Taylor. I wanted to blog about it because I don't think I have every heard her say those words exactly and since I doubt if happiness can follow her around for more than one day in a row I wanted to remember it :)
That day really was one of those days when I look at Katya and know that she can actually be nice and helpful and pleasant - it almost makes up for all of those days when she isn't nice or pleasant or downright mean! Although Allie is with us for the month of July, she was at her uncle's house for the day, leaving me, Alex, Katya and Tony. We had assigned Katya chores and she did them without complaining. (Mental note to self: I did let her choose her two chores so that may have had something to do with the accomodating behavior??) She even took on a few chores of her own doing - like organizing her jewelry and sock drawer! Her tutor came and she didn't complain about it. She told Alex and I that she loved us at least three times and she said that she really loved Tony and that he is the best brother ever. It really was a utopian day. I am going to have to add it to my list of "magical moments".
Unfortunately, her happiness may have also had something to do with Allie not being there. Allie and Katya's relationship - or lack of it - makes me very sad and I am at a loss to know what to do about it. The problem with their relationship is mainly due to Katya. She is so jealous of Allie and thinks that Allie gets everything and she gets nothing. Despite the fact that we tell her constantly that we don't love Allie more than her and point out all of the things that she has that Allie doesn't have, Katya still harbors this jealousy. I honestly don't know what to do about it. Maybe I need to find a book on sibling rivalry?
That is hard! I wish I had good advice but I don't. We have sibling issues here to and my girls are four years apart. I can't imagine how it would be if they were the same age or even a year apart. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYep, blog the happy moments as they can be fleeting....