Today we went over to the orphanage to give Nadia and Anya, the attorney, their little gifts. Nadia wasn't there but Anya was and I think she was very surprised to get something from us. I really like Anya. Then we tried to go to the bank. I forget here that the bank closes from 1 pm - 2 pm for lunch so it seems that it is always closed when I try to go. We had taken Katya and her three friends, Nastia, Anya and Anton (oooh! Anton!) with us so we decided to walk down to the park and let them play while we waited for the bank to open. They played for a bit, although they were a little too old for the play equipment and the other park patrons probably didn't appreciate them. My mom, Tony, and I sat and watched them play and also watched this little girl and boy run around chasing the birds that Anton was feeding sunflower seeds to and then the little boy turned around and hit the little girl for trying to ride his bike. I guess kids are the same no matter where you are! On the way to the bank we had stopped at the store to get water and an older lady was very surprised that we had so many kids. My mom and Tony were outside waiting and an older lady stopped to chat with my mom. When we came out, she counted the number of children we had with us a pronounced that there were "Piats" (five). Five children in the Ukraine is a lot of children!
We are now just waiting for 5:15 pm to come along, which is when Oleg and Oksana are coming to get us to go to the train station. The house is clean, the kids are fed, our luggage is sitting by the door. We are so ready to get out of this place!
Whootwhoo! I hope your train ride is smooth! If fact, you might even be in Kiev right now! Enjoy it, I love Kiev so much more than Dnipro...
ReplyDelete