Saturday, July 4, 2009

Same old, same old

You are all celebrating the 4th of July there. Here, it is just another day. I haven't posted because nothing exciting has been going on. Yesterday I went to the train station to go buy tickets with Constantine and after finding out the night train on the 6th was booked and several lengthy conversations on the phone with Elena, we finally decided to buy train tickets for the express train that leaves on July 6th at 5:40 pm and arrives about 11:30 pm in Kiev. This is 51 hours, 10 minutes from now. I packed up all of our clothes yesterday, except for the clothes we will need through Monday. We are not excited at all to go :) The thought is that we will be able to fly home on Saturday.

Katya has found some friends around here to play with. This has been a double-edged sword because it is nice for her to be entertained but they come and ring the doorbell and knock on the door constantly. They are "in and out" so much that it is driving me crazy. I can't wait to get home to get into some sort of a schedule. Tony needs to be back on a schedule, too. He hasn't been sleeping well and he is so bored with this place that he just wants to be hauled around all day. I think my mom and I are ready to trade him in :) except that he is just so darned cute!

Our excitement for the day will be that we will walk down to the grocery store to get some milk and bread and an ice cream cone for Katya. She has been asking for one for two days.

51 hours, 3 minutes to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment