Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lagoon

Saturday was Ebay's Lagoon Day so we decided to take Katya and my niece Kaylie. I took no pictures. I think back now and really regret that but at the time, I had to get myself, two girls, and Tony ready to go and the thought of hauling our camera along just didn't sound appealing. We dropped Tony off at my in-laws for the day. This, believe it or not, would be their first time babysitting our seven month old and I was a little nervous about how he would do but when we got there he was so interested in the dogs that he could really care less whether I stayed or went :).

I took the girls to Lagoon-A-Beach for two hours and Katya, being the little fish that she is, loved the slides and her and Kaylie loved the little play area that they have for kids. Alex met us for dinner after he got off of work and then after that it was off to the rides. Alex and I hadn't been to Lagoon for probably about six years so most of the rides were new to us. The purpose for us really going to Lagoon was that Alex wanted to see how Katya did on roller coasters because he has this dream of taking his girls to Six Flags in California. We turned Allie into a roller coaster lover with our many trips to Disneyland and our forcing her to go on the scary rides even when she didn't want to (we were so sick of the little kiddie rides!).

Katya did really well. We met up with my mom, who was there helping my sister-in-law with her kids, and went on the old rickety roller coaster, the one that has this sign on it that at some point it will no longer be white but turn back to it's original brown wood color (which will make it look even more run-down, I am sure). Katya went on all the roller coasters, including "Wicked", which Kaylie and I decided to sit out. Katya only had a few moments when we would have liked to have just left her there (kidding!), including the moment when Alex got mad at her because she kept bumping into the girl standing in front of us in line. Katya was only mad at him until we got off the ride. Alex pronounced that we should take her to lagoon every day because then her pouting bits would only last for about 10 minutes instead of a couple of hours :)
Anyway, I think Alex has found another roller coaster buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment