Monday, August 17, 2009

Queen Pouter (a.k.a Katya)

(OK - I gave up on trying to go back and catch up. I was not feeling very inspired.)



I was looking through pictures to find something to write about and I saw some pictures of Katya playing in the lake. I was smiling at how much fun she was having and then I came across this one - a picture of her pouting - and I just had to laugh! I wasn't there the day that Alex took this picture but I remember him coming back to the house with an unhappy Katya and asking him what was wrong and him saying that Katya was pouting because he was taking pictures of her ;)


Perhaps it is because she is a teenager or maybe it is something she learned in the orphanage (since I have heard stories of the other kids from Ukraine doing the same thing) but she can be happy one minute and upset the next - over the silliest little things! One day, she pouted for over an hour because, after letting her tickle him for over 15 minutes, Alex told her to please stop tickling. Tonight she was pouting because in the car on the way home she wanted Alex to look at something and he told her he couldn't because he was driving. It is common for her to pout over what is for dinner, doing her homework, because no one wants to play monopoly with her, because she doesn't get to watch Hannah Montana and the list goes on and on and on...I just hope this pouting thing doesn't continue to go on and on and on because I can hardly stand it!

No comments:

Post a Comment