Friday, July 10, 2009

The Sun will Come out Tomorrow

Katya woke up this morning and with a big grin said, "Mom, tomorrow America!" She is not at all excited to go home ;) We have been walking around all day singing, "The Sun will come out tomorrow". At the Embassy, after getting the visa, Katya said told the lady that we were going to America tomorrow and then she picked me up (or at least tried to) and gave me a great big squeeze! We have been counting down the minutes and I think this has been the longest day of my life!

After the Embassy, we went souvenir shopping again, to the bank to exchange our grivnas back into dollars and then came home to finish packing. My mom has repacked her suitcase about three times, one of those times being on account of the handle on her suitcase being broken (it got broken at the train station in Dnipro and she tried to sew it but it didn't really hold it). So now she is reshuffling all her stuff around again. Poor mom! At least it gives her something to kill the time with - right?

We will probably walk down to Independence Square after dinner because it is only 7 pm and as much as we would like to (since we have to be ready for the airport at 3 am) we would really not be able to sleep right now. Katya has a notion that she is going to get to play in the fountain again but that will definately not be happening :).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I so remember this killing time part. It was just me and Alex and each minute felt like FIVE! Good luck with all your flights tomorrow. We're going to try and be there to welcome you home!
    Thanks for blogging and letting me follow along and relive my adventure along with you. I hope I didn't drive you crazy with so many comments and always telling you about me and Alex. I just remember how great it was to get comments when I was there as it was my only link with HOME! You'll be here soon!
    W

    ReplyDelete