Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to me - cake anyone?

So I turned 33 last week on October 15th. You know that you are getting old when you can't remember how old you are - yes, I did have to think..."I was born in 76 and it is now 2009, so that makes me 33?...


My birthday was on a Thursday but since we had Allie on Wednesday, Alex took the kids shopping for a present on Wednesday. I came home from work and all three girls (Allie, Katya, and Kaylie) bombarded me with hugs at the door. This is slightly unusual but not entirely rare but when they wouldn't let me go I figured that Alex had given them the assignment of stalling me. Alex apparantly needed more time to light the 33 candles on my cake, which Tony helped me blow out (Alex pointed out that Tony looks a little worried in the picture. Who wouldn't be - isn't thirty three candles a fire hazard?).

The girls picked me out a matching shirt (as my sister put it - they got a present on your birthday?) which they thought was really great.
I have definately had my cake fill, though. Not only did we have cake on Wednesday, my neighbor also brought me a small cake on Wednesday, we had cake at my work on Thursday, and my mom also made me a cake on Thursday (which I made her take home with her because there was no way I could eat anymore cake). Katya asked me if when her birthday came she could celebrate it for two days in a row :)


The cake we had at my work was an ice cream cake and actually there are still two pieces in the freezer. Yummy...maybe I haven't had my fill of ice cream cake...I will be right back...



No comments:

Post a Comment