Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Miley Cyrus


Katya is a huge Hannah Montana fan. She has the songs on the ipod memorized according to their number in the playlist and anytime we are in the car, her request is to listen to Hannah Montana. She (along with all of us - because we have heard each song a million times!) has almost all of the songs memorized. So, we decided to splurge for nosebleed section tickets to Hannah Montana tickets (we were the second to last row from the very top!). We took Allie to Hannah Montana two years ago and since it was on a Tuesday and we didn't have Allie anyway, Katya and I had a "GNO" (Girls Night Out).

The first problem was that I waited until the morning of the concert to tell Katya that we were going. This was actually planned so that Katya couldn't brag to Allie about it and make Allie feel bad. However, after telling Katya that we were going to a concert (and explaining that a concert was where you went and listened to someone sing - to which a disgusted nose wrinkle reply was made) and that Hannah Montana was going to be that person singing, I didn't get quite the reaction I expected. Katya wasn't excited and didn't want to go. It took her the whole morning ride over to my mom's to change her mind - after she had asked if Hannah Montana would be singing more than one song.

Since Katya wasn't excited about it, I called my sister Cathy to see if she wanted to go and put makeup on Katya - thinking that may cause a little bit more hype. Katya thinks my sister Cathy is the greatest thing since ketchup because she has a dog and she has a lot of makeup :) Katya looked very cute with her hair and makeup all done. Cathy had even put press on nails on her (Katya loves press on nails, even though the record time that they have lasted her is about two hours!).
While walking to the concert, Katya told me that she was scared. I then realized why she didn't want to go - she doesn't know anything about concerts and I think perhaps she thought that maybe she was going to meet Miley Cyrus or have to go up on stage and sing with her. I laughed and told Katya that there was nothing to be scared about - that concerts were fun especially with screaming girls.
Apparently, Miley Cyrus was sick. So after enduring a horrible first act, we had to sit through an hour and a half of "concert" where it seemed Miley was off the stage more than on it. We watched one number with just the stage dancers, a clip from her upcoming movie, a half a song where they tried to pass off her backup singer as her (to which Katya leaned over and proclaimed - "That's not Hannah Montana"). I thought that perhaps she would sing at least a couple of Hannah songs, but only sang Miley Cyrus songs and unfortunately Katya doesn't know Miley songs very well. Needless to say, mid "concert" I was really regretting having Katya miss her last softball game and the choice to not sign Katya up for the community ed. art class. Katya kept leaning over every couple of minutes and asking, "All done?" and when I replied, "Not yet" she would slink down in her chair, put her chin on her elbow, and huff. When it was finally "all done", we high-tailed it out of there (not even waiting to see if there was going to be an encore) and listened to Hannah Montana music all the way home.
Alex asked her if she had fun. She said yes. If only...I am sure that she will go to funner concerts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment