Sunday, June 14, 2009
Baby stealing lady
Yesterday when we took Katya for a walk through the town, we stopped at a cafe because Katya said she was hungry. We let Katya order for us, since we had no idea what the menu said. She order two pastries and five orange sodas (as a credit to Katya, she did try and order sandwiches but they cafe didn't have sandwiches and at least she didn't order coffee!). The pastries weren't bad and the orange sodas were pretty good, too. While we were sitting there, a lady with no teeth came along and started saying something in Russian (or probably Ukrainian) and the only word I really understood was "pajouooste" (please). I understood from the beginning that she was begging for money, as she kept making a motion like she was carrying a baby and pointing down the street, but kept saying to her "Niet. Ya ni ponimayo." Alex on the otherhand, thought she either wanted to hold Tony or steal him. It was so funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the pictures! I'm glad you are in our old apartment it is nice. Doesn't the stairwell stink though? Seeing the pictures made me miss it there. It might not seem like it now but you'll feel that way someday too. Katya looks happy. What a cute family.
ReplyDeleteI was showing Sara the pictures and she told me that Katya had long hair and then they made her cut it and she didn't like that. Poor Katya! Lena told me should would cry and kick so they wouldn't cut her hair.
ReplyDeleteI've finally caught up on your blog. I love reading it. I almost feel like I'm there with you. I can picture everything perfectly, especially when you talk about Oleg, Oksana, and Lena. I really miss all of them. I didn't anticipate feeling this way, but I almost wish I was there with you.
ReplyDeleteIt's been fun to read all about your adventure. You are troopers for doing this with your kids! It is going to make it that much easier for Katya to have your daughter there and it will be good bonding and learning time for all of you. Thanks for the pictures. You guys are the camera kings! :)
ReplyDeleteI've been reading your blog and have enjoyed it myself. Love your pictures, too. Nice to read about our newest neighbor.
ReplyDelete