Monday, June 15, 2009

The naming is done

Thanks for all your wonderful suggestions. In the end we decided to go with (drum roll, please...):

Katerina Ann Lobos

We were on our way to the orphanage this morning at 11:00 and Elena called to get the name from us. We don't know yet, we said. Elena said that they were at the orphanage and needed to know now and we explained that we were about three minutes away from the orphanage and we had been leaning towards "Ann" as the middle name but wanted to make sure it was Ok with Katya - and that she wasn't going to fight for "Christina". So we asked Katya if "Ann" was OK and reminded her that my name was "Ann" and that meant she would be named after me. She thought that was pretty cool (at least I think she did, since she smiled!).

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Anything you guys would have chosen would have been perfect! But I am so glad that she is going to be named for Ann. I was really really hoping for the middle name Ann as both Allie and Tony both have names from family members. Katya is your daughter and I am glad she will share in your name. I don't know if anyone else can see this, but from the moment I first saw Katya at the airport, I have always thought that Katya looks a lot like Ann. I think that once Katya's hair grows out, more people will notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey to you too! We are excited to see you on Wednesday. We should be there some time that morning. We take the night train on Tuesday night. I love the pictures you took of Kiev. It is a beautiful city. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute middle name!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete